Mid-level Quality Assurance Engineer | Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Software Development / Philippines
The Quality Assurance Engineer is expected to deliver high quality product testing and comprehensive support the Surgery Optimizer. This position requires strong written and verbal communication skills. JIRA case notes must be kept up to date and accurately record a defined problem statement, troubleshooting efforts, results and next steps with timeframes to be taken, along with actual time worked.
He or she is expected to utilize outstanding customer service skills and techniques that promote customer satisfaction and retention. This position requires that technical skills and domain expertise be constantly updated for adherence to service level commitments, customer expectations, and the changing technology landscape.
They will collaborate with Product Manager, Developers and Professional Service throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and technically solid.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Superior communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Enterprise application support or testing
- Above three (3) years experience on manual functional/regression testing design and execution
- Knowledge in automated and performance testing preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle
- Strong understanding and hands on experience with QA processes and methodologies
- Experience with designing and developing test cases based upon system specifications documentation
- Knowledge of SQL relational database management systems
- Experience on JIRA
- Experience and demonstrated ability in conflict resolution and customer service techniques.
- Ability to work flexible hours and willingness to receive calls outside of office hours
- Develop an in-depth product knowledge on Surgery Optimizer.
- Converting business requirements into test plans and test cases.
- Working closely with software developers to develop test specifications and build test cases to rigorously test product functionality and investigate all potential product test failures.
- Designing and executing manual test plans and test scripts for complete modules and/or workflows.
- Bug fix verification and validation
- Utilize his/her technical ability to prioritize Level II support issues and respond appropriately to multiple critical situations.
- Research application questions by setting up scenarios and testing the application.
- Trouble shoot, analyse and solve interface issues
- Trouble shoot web and database server communication and configuration issues
- Trouble shoot, analyse and solve complex customer issues
- Analysing customer configurations and thinking out of the box to resolve and/or find a work around or alternative solutions.
- Reproducing and meticulously documenting software defects, making recommendations for product enhancements where appropriate
- Author knowledgebase articles
- Producing high quality training material
- Monitoring, deploying and maintaining client production environments